Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SPC Rivera

The past week was awesome with our new dogs DEJA and PUMPKIN. We picked them up from the Jesup prison facility and witness some of the cool things they can do. Both are female dogs. DEJA is a golden retriever and PUMPKIN is a lab-hound mix. Both of them are rescue dogs from either an animal shelter or rescue facility. They are both very bright dogs. PUMPKIN is a more energetic dog while DEJA moves a little slower but is extremely kind and cuddly. In my last blog entry I said I was going to post pictures from the prison site but unfortunately cameras were not allowed. But I did get some pictures of the dog. They will be posted very soon.

Right now we're at our classroom/training site just socializing with our new dogs. Earning their trust is key at this point if we want to continue their training. Later on I'm tasked to feed them and conduct some training. I'm very much looking forward to that.

Buff returned back to Camp Lejeune without SALLY. It turned out to be a great experience for us and for Buf the time we shared together. Buff, if you're reading this I really wish you the best and to continue your progress along side SALLY. Don't forget what I said about Chick-fil-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment